THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Τετάρτη 15 Απριλίου 2009

From dots to flowers

I want to share with you a thing that keeps happening to me every year. It’s a mystery really how, like nature’s transformations, I go through my very own transformation by the changing of the season. Before you think I am some kind of lunatic that thinks she grows wings during spring, I have to clarify that I am speaking of a stylistic transformation. Let me be more exact.

Every winter I am into pin-up and vintage clothing, with dominant colors being the contrast of black and white and costars being vivid ones, like red or yellow. I am dying to lay hands on every pair of Mary Jane doll style shoes and never consider it too much or unnecessary buying another item with polka dots and stripes, such as a dress or a silk scarf. In contrast, as soon as spring makes its first appearance I start feeling like yellows and browns. I want floral prints, wooden platforms, accessories from natural materials! I turn more into a boho queen or a romantic 70’s butterfly. Now you are probably thinking “Big deal!” since the ones I mentioned are the leading trends for each season and every store is stuffed with clothing of those styles. However, before rushing into judging me unfairly, I have to tell you that the difference is that I am not doing it consciously. It’s more like a subconscious procedure taking place in my head. To support my point a bit further I have to tell you that this kept happening to me even before I knew how to name those styles or that they even belonged to a style category!

To conclude, since my flowers and bees period is approaching I thought I’d share with you some pieces I am currently drooling for! Check them out and see if you are actually changing skin along with me this time…