THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Πέμπτη 2 Απριλίου 2009

Athens Fashion Week – but are you a fashion person?

Last week, March 26 to March 29, Athens fashion week was taking place at “Technopolis” in Gazi. I couldn’t resist the temptation to go check it out, even though I didn’t have an invitation for a fashion show, but only got disappointed. For some reason I expected it to have more events in order to get you a little involved, even if you couldn’t watch a show. Maybe it was that big, welcoming-to-all advertisement, that had been popping up every here and there the previous weeks, that fooled me.

In fact things were quite different. The only things you could do, if you didn’t hold an invitation, was to see a photo exhibition, with very few and quite irrelevant to the subject – if you ask me – photographs and a very small boutique, where you could buy designers’ clothes at a retail price. Maybe I am the cranky one here, but I believe you should be able to see a show if you want to, even if that means you have to pay for it. Fashion refers to people, is inspired by people and thus should let people be involved with it. Not only fashion people, they do not sell to each other anyway now, do they? But enough with the nagging because, at least, one good thing came out of this...

While browsing the clothes at the boutique I found out of a very remarkable designer that I didn’t know of until then. His name is Avdantil and he is Georgian. I couldn’t choose between his great clothes and I fell in love with almost all of his dresses. Most of them were in black and white or beige and although the textiles were of a very good quality (such as silk and organza), the prices were very low and the look very accessible. Take a taste of his work in case you don’t know him from his spring-summer 2008 collection…









See what I mean about the dresses? Let alone the fact that I am still wondering how I came back home without this one: