THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Τετάρτη 8 Απριλίου 2009

Shoes in plastic - it’s fantastic and vegan!


When I first laid eyes on a Melissa’s plastic pair of shoes, my first thought was “Barbie must have started being produced in real life dimensions, since those shoes are definitely doll shoes!” – could you think of anyone else wearing a pair of pink plastic oxfords around the city? Then I noticed they kept popping up more and more on magazine pages supported by big designers’ names (Vivienne Westwood, Alexandre Herchcovitch, etc..), plus they could be found in extremely interesting styles like peep toes or platforms and sandals. However, it wasn’t until I found out more information about the brand Melissa, which produces them, that they utterly won me over.

Melissa’s factory, located in Brazil, works under very ethical right conditions, as its employees are getting paid above average wages and benefits and the shoes devoid of any animal products. In addition, both products and waste are 99% recyclable and the factory often recycles overstock in order to produce next season’s collection. The plastic the shoes are made of is hypoallergenic and 100% safe to your health, odorless and extremely flexible. Even better? The shoes go through a procedure, when heated that gives them a bubble-gummy smell!



If there is one thing that makes me gazing future with hope is seeing fashion heading towards more eco-conscious directions and in this case it did so and provided very pleasing results. Those plastic treats have an 80’s sense of style about them – that is a total must for the season, plus incredible originality and ecological conscience.



As for me, I think I am going for a pair of these electric blue wedges. Aren’t they yummy?



All photos taken from coggles.com